Wondering How to Submit a FAFSA?
If you’re able to submit a FAFSA, it can be well worth the effort!
- Go to this website to submit a FAFSA
- If you want to start college BEFORE July 1, 2018 submit the 2017-2018 FAFSA
- If you want to start college AFTER July 1, 2018, submit the 2018-2019 FAFSA
- Make sure you save your FSA ID, Save Key, and any other log-in information in a safe place. You’ll need this information every year you submit this or make a correction. It’s very important!
- When you sit down to fill out the FAFSA make sure you have your social security number, and tax return information from 2015 and 2016 (and your parent(s)’ tax information if you’re under 24 years old)
- If you need help with the actual application, feel free to set up a free appointment at Foundations Communities, they are experts!
- If you want to join PelotonU, make sure you add the school code of Southern New Hampshire University (school code is 002580)
- Once you submit your FAFSA, they’ll email you a confirmation email with the subject line “FAFSA Confirmation Page” that you can forward along to your admissions counselor with the estimates of your aid
Curious why you fill out a FAFSA or what your aid means?
Once you submit a FAFSA, they’ll let you know your eligibility to receive different grants and loans to help pay for school. Many PelotonU students receive a Pell Grant that is very helpful in paying for school. The most you can recieve in a Pell Grant is $5,920/year for up to six years. If you receive the maximum amount in a Pell Grant, it covers the entire cost of tuition and fees through PelotonU, meaning you won’t pay anything out of pocket to attend school!
If you’re not eligible for a Pell Grant or don’t receive the maximum amount, we’ll set up a time to discuss your other financial aid options in detail. Our hope is that we can help you find an affordable way to pay for school without relying on student loans.