2015 Annual Report
How We Got Here
In October 2012, three working college students took a risk and enrolled in college with PelotonU. Since then we’ve learned and grown, and better understood how to serve students in Austin.
Our vision is that any student with the will and drive to graduate from college can earn a degree debt-free, regardless of geography or economics.
Our mission is to provide working students with a pathway and the support to graduate from college on-time and debt-free.
- We believe every student should have access to a high-quality college education, but know that a Bachelor’s degree isn’t the only path to a fulfilling life aligned with their goals.
- We believe hard work with the right supports leads to graduation.
- We believe learning best occurs within community.
- We believe our students’ well-being is more important than our organizational outcomes.
Along the way, we’ve gotten good at supporting these students. In 2015 –
- 82% of PelotonU students who start PelotonU will finish
- 94% of PelotonU students will graduate on-time
- No PelotonU has assumed student loans
But what really mattered in 2015, are you and our students. Here’s those numbers:
1 Yelp account suspended in an attempt to recruit students
2 cases of rhabdomyolysis in PelotonU
3 engagements (and one wedding)
8 leftover t-shirts (because I ordered too many XLs)
21 new students
30 feet – length of our new Austin skyline mural
35 seats in our new office
60 applicants in in two years before we hired Samantha
94 applicants in nine months since Sam joined PelotonU
438 new email subscribers (811 total)
497 times Sarah played Justin Bieber in the office
507 mentor meetings
516 credit hours earned by PelotonU students
905 square feet in our office (but we pay rent for 1,005)
1,300 SXSWedu panel submission (and they picked our students to speak)
9,063 skills in Khan practiced
15,000 hours students spent studying in the office
And most of all in 2015, we’re proud of the first four students to complete our program
Justin: working full-time for All-State Insurance in Houston
Timothy: graduate of CodeUp, Back end web developer in Austin
Jonathan: earned his Associate’s, now studying environmental engineering at Texas State
Jared: earned his Associate’s, considering a move to India